So, I have some projects that I would really like to tackle around here this year. I thought I would post my list so that I won’t forget and have some accountability to get it done so I can blog about it! LOL!
1. Master bedroom…
Basically, I want to sell the dresser and armoire, which will allow me to rearrange the room and mount a TV on the wall.
Also get new lamps, a new painted and distressed chest of drawers, and a create a faux fireplace.
2. New china cabinet for the dining room. Right now, I have a piece that I put together using a filing console on the bottom and a small hutch on the top.
I like it, but I really want something with more storage for larger serving pieces and more display space. Last weekend, I scored this baby for only $150!!!!!
I keep going back and forth about what I want to do with it…paint…stain…both? My plan right now is to paint most of it a creamy color to match my dining room chairs, and stain the molding and top of the bottom part. But that could change at any point.
3. Strip my dining room table and re-stain it another color. It pains me to even write that. I’ve already done this once 2 years ago so I know exactly what I’m getting myself into. But, I have never really liked the color it ended up being. Now that I have painted the dining room, I dislike it even more. It has way too much cherry red to it. I want it to be a dark walnut. No red! I plan on doing this next month instead of in the 100 degree heat of June like I did last time.
4. Move the file console from the dining room into the craft room and paint it black.
5. Paint the craft room walls. It looks a lot lighter in this pic, but I am SO over the sage green in there.
I’m thinking maybe gray???
6. Re-do my patio furniture.
It is brown and I would like to paint it black. It should be a breeze using my paint sprayer I got for Christmas last year. Then, re-cover the cushions with this awesome fabric from Ballards… I got some for my birthday.
Not a great pic but you get the idea! It is a great outdoor fabric that Rocky’s black and white hair will not show up on. But, they will get pretty messy and dirty with him crawling all over them, so my mom is going to make the covers removable so that I can wash them. I will then use a coordinating fabric for the pillows.
7. Finish off the cabinet in the half bath by putting decorative molding around the opening.
This is just one of those things that I don’t think will be too terribly hard, I just never get around to doing it.
So I think that will be enough to keep me busy next year…don’t you???